top of page


Public·10 members

Contents Insurance Uk

You will also have to pay extra to cover possessions that you take out of the home, for example, cameras or jewellery, or to cover a particularly valuable item. Your policy may not cover the contents of a freezer or a mobile phone and there may be an upper limit for a single item.

contents insurance uk

If you're renting, check to see whether you are responsible for insuring any contents belonging to your landlord because you may be liable for replacing any items that are lost or damaged. If you rent an item, for example, a television, check whether you need to insure this.

Before you take out a policy you need to work out how much cover you need, based on the cost of replacing all your possessions. Many people under-insure themselves, so make sure you include everything, including carpets or flooring and the contents of your garage or shed. You may want to get several quotes before choosing a policy.

Home contents insurance policies are usually worked either on the number of rooms in your house. These are known as bedroom rated polices. Alternatively, they may be based on the total value of the contents and possessions you own. These are called sum-insured policies.

The other type is buildings insurance (which protects the structure of your house and its permanent fixtures). You can buy both types of insurance separately, or you can buy them as a joint home insurance policy.

If you have any individual items that have a high value then you should declare these when you complete your home insurance quote. We may offer cover for items worth more than 2,500 if they are listed as such.

Accidental Damage is an extra level of home insurance cover and separate from damage included on your main policy. Your policy will already cover you for damage caused by a storm, fire, flood or theft and attempted theft.

If you aren't sure if your items can be covered, just call one of our friendly team on 0333 220 2090 who will be happy to help.If you buy our contents insurance, your belongings will be covered for theft, vandalism, fire damage, water damage and even natural events like lightning strikes.

If you rent a property alone, with your partner or as a family, you can insure your contents with Admiral Home Insurance. If you're living in a house share or you need students' contents insurance while living in shared accommodation, read more on our Tenants Insurance page.

To add up the value of everything in your home, go from room to room and pop the value of each item into our contents calculator. You'll also need to tell us about anything with a value of 1,000 or higher to make sure we're able to cover them.

Your contents cover will increase (up to the amount showing in your policy documents) for 14 days before and after the date of a celebration. It includes Christmas or other religious festivals, wedding or the birth of a child and covers the gifts and food bought for these events.

Yes, carpets fall under our definition of 'contents' and you should include the cost of replacing your carpets when working out the value of your contents. If you want carpets to be covered for accidental damage make sure this has been selected.

Under Admiral Gold and Platinum policies, damage to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns is covered with some exclusion. While we cover your garage contents, restrictions apply in relation to theft from a garage or outbuilding. You can find out more about the restrictions in your policy booklet.

No, this type of cover is totally optional but it could be essential for you if something were to happen to your home contents. Think about everything in your home - your tech, furniture, clothes - all of your belongings. Could you afford to replace them if something happened to them?

Admiral is a trading name of EUI Limited. (Reg No: 02686904). EUI Limited is a subsidiary of Admiral Group plc and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm reference number: 309378). These details can be confirmed by visiting the Financial Services Register, EUI Limited acts for, and on behalf of, other regulated insurance companies. Further details may be provided on request. Admiral Money, Admiral Loans, Admiral Car Finance, Admiral One and Finble are all trading names of Admiral Financial Services Limited (AFSL). Admiral Financial Services Limited (Reg No: 10255225) is a subsidiary of Admiral Group plc and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm reference number: 771862). These details can be confirmed by visiting the Financial Services Register, Veygo is a trading name of Able Insurance Services Limited. Able Insurance Services Limited (Reg No: 2890075) is a subsidiary of Admiral Group plc and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm reference number: 311649). These details can be confirmed by visiting the Financial Services Register, Admiral Group plc is registered in England and Wales at Tŷ Admiral, David Street, Cardiff. CF10 2EH (Reg No: 03849958).

Contents insurance covers the cost of replacing your household belongings if they are damaged, stolen or destroyed. You can buy cover as part of a combined home insurance policy that also includes buildings insurance, or you can purchase a contents policy separately.

Cover may also include the contents of your shed, garage or other outbuildings. Some policies will even cover the cost of replacing spoiled food if your freezer breaks down or there is a power cut that is beyond your control.

Research by Nationwide building society shows that more than two million privately rented households in the UK have no insurance policy on their properties, despite the contents of an average property amounting to 25,126.

The quickest and easiest way to save money on your contents insurance is to compare deals online. Look for the deal that provides the level of cover you need at the best price. Do this each time your insurance is up for renewal to make sure you stay on the best deal.

As with car insurance, many home insurers will offer a discount to those who have not made a claim on their contents insurance for a number of years. The longer you go without claiming, the bigger the discount.

The cost of your policy will also relate to the scope of your cover. For example, whether your items are covered away from home, or whether certain types of claims have a maximum pay out cap. To find out how much it would cost you to insure your contents with us, get a quote now.

If you rent your home, you may not need buildings insurance as it's usually your landlord's job to take care of that. But most landlords won't cover your own belongings. Because of this, you may want to take out contents insurance to be sure you have cover.

Additional cover for sudden and unexpected damage like spilling a drink on your sofa if you have contents cover or, if you have buildings cover, putting your foot through a ceiling when carrying out DIY.

Important information: Churchill and Prudential insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. Registered Office: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds, LS1 4AZ, Registered in England and Wales, No 1179980. U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registration number 202810. The Financial Services Register can be accessed through

You are free to find your own insurance but we can offer you a special household contents insurance scheme, only available to Charnwood Borough Council Customers, which you can pay at the same time as your rent.

Most of your household goods and contents are insured when inside the home, including: bikes and computer equipment. They are covered against loss or damage caused by specific events such as theft, fire and flood.

Also insured are: lost or stolen keys, freezer contents, your own legal liability to the public, the cost of alternative accommodation and improvements you have made to your home such as fitted kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes, laminate flooring, patio doors etc (but not greenhouses or conservatories).

West Dunbartonshire Council work with the UK's largest insurer to provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. The scheme is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Aviva Insurance Limited and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.

The Policy has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Aviva have approached a single insurer Aviva. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording which you should read carefully.

Please note that the insurance policy we provide is arranged on a non-advised basis. This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.

Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing damage to the walls, windows and roof of your home, along with some fixtures and fittings. Buildings insurance generally covers the cost of rebuilding your property.

The policy is new for old and covers most household goods as well as the contents of huts and outbuildings against fire, theft and flood with no excess to be paid on any claims (please refer to the policy booklet for full details).

This contents insurance policy has been designed to meet the demands and needs of those living in social housing who wish to insure their possessions. All social housing tenants and residents are eligible to apply.

Cover against fire, theft, vandalism, water damage and other household risks. These are examples of the types of risk your contents will be insured for. Full details of the policy cover and exclusions are available on request before you apply for cover. 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page